Becoming a driving instructor is a unique opportunity to really get rewarded for your own efforts. You are directly responsible for what get out of it and the rewards are good. The rewards are not just financial either. Pupils will remember you for the rest of their lives for helping them pass their driving test. You will be giving them and you a great future. No 2 days are the same and teaching people to drive is a relaxed and great way of earning your living. Your day is flexible in the hours you choose to do as are the days.
- You pick the hours you work
- You can use your own car if suitable or we can arrange a lease car for you.
- You can pick the car (replaced every 12-18 months) that you want to drive that you can use for business and personal use
- Guaranteed 50 pupils but you can have as many as you want
- Great job satisfaction
- Earning potential of more than £30,000 per annum
- Current lesson rates are £26-£30 per hour
- Potential to train to deliver fleet, instructor training and many other types of driver training.
- Full support from Driving School Dave (One of the highest qualified instructors in the country)
Given these huge potential earnings there is obviously a catch, well not a catch but as a self-employed driving instructor there are costs associated with the running of your business.
Now don’t panic, we help you with everything and give you full support, but costs are outlined below;
- The franchise fee a week is £85 pw
- NO additional pupil introduction fees
- you can use you own car if you do not want to lease a car
- If you need to lease of the car per week is roughly £60 – £90 pw
- The franchise fee includes your livery for your car, such as magnetics, roof box, roof box stickers and business cards
- Fuel for your car is roughly £60 – £80 pw depending on mileage etc…
- Insurance for your car is roughly £300 – £400 a year
- Additional training courses
So, you can see the huge potential waiting for you. Now don’t worry because we guide you through every stage and help you all included in your fee. All you need to do is pass your qualification with the DVSA and we help and offer the absolute best training for this too.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Driving School Dave
Dave Foster MA, Dip.DI
DTE-Elite is run by Driving School Dave
Dave holds one of the only Master’s degrees in Driver Training Education, is a Fellow of the Institute of Driver Education and Research and many other professional organisations. Has successfully built over 15 independent driving schools, trained 100’s to become an instructor and helped 1000s of other driving instructors