If you were looking for the best driving lessons in Plymouth, then you’ve definitely come to the right place with 1st 4 Driving.
With so many driving schools out there to choose from, you need to know who you can trust. That’s why, when you book lessons with us, you’ll receive:
- The best tuition from friendly, reliable instructors
- Full, free theory training with Theory Test Pro
- A personalised ‘Pupil Pack‘ including:
- A progress report sheet to help you track your learning
- Loads of great information to help with your theory and practical tests
- Pass quicker with our revolutionary two-hour driving lessons
- Beat the national average with our proven, more productive two-hour lessons
- You’ll also get access to an incredible support network, headed up by Driving School Dave
- The most qualified driving school owner in the country!
- Still not sure? We’ll GUARANTEE your driving lessons.
The best driving lessons in Plymouth!
Personally trained by Dave Foster MA, Dip.DI (Driving School Dave to you and me), our driving instructors are definitely the best in Plymouth. We know how stressful it is picking a driving school and putting your trust in an instructor, so it’s helpful that we’re always friendly and reliable.
Make 1st 4 Driving your driving school and receive the best driving lessons in Plymouth. Unlike most other schools, we’re able to offer all types of driving lessons, accommodating everyone:
- Complete beginners
- We love beginners! Call us now or book online to arrange your first lesson
- Weekly lessons
- Most of our lessons are weekly, keeping your progress moving from week to week
- Nervous drivers
- Worried about getting on the road for the first time or feeling anxious about returning to the road? Our instructors are specialists with nervous drivers
- Intensive lessons
- Want to learn a bit quicker? You can learn intensively with us in selected areas
- Refresher lessons
- Got a full drivers licence but want a helping hand getting your confidence back? No problem!
- Foreign licence holders
- Coming over to the UK with a foreign licence isn’t easy. Our instructors can give you help making you familiar with our roads
We’ve been established now for almost 20 years and we’ve delivered every type of driving lesson to every type of pupil imaginable. Nothing is too much trouble for our instructors and we embrace nervous pupils or pupils where English is not their first language.
Everybody’s different, which is why we offer such a variety of lessons. Intensive lessons might better for students who want to learn over a few weeks in the summer. Our signature weekly lessons are best for people who have school or work commitments. We can even pick you straight up from your home, school or workplace. Just ask!
What to expect with us
- Very high first time pass rate
- FREE online theory training
- Access to our expert office staff, who will book your test for you
- Flexible lesson times and pick-up points
- Coverage across Plymouth
- Personalised one-to-one coaching
- A great choice of offers, with deals including the price of your tests
- Payment choices – cash, card or cheque
After many instructors in the past, I was terrified to get behind the wheel again. After spending some time with my instructor, my confidence skyrocketed and I was able to pass my theory and practical tests 1st time! Honestly the best instructor I’ve ever had and I cannot thank her enough! I highly recommend her to everyone – it’ll be the best decision you ever made!!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Sian, Cornwall
Book with confidence – read our great reviews here
YOUR driving lessons in Plymouth
Here at 1st 4 Driving, we don’t just believe in teaching to drive. We believe that we are giving you a skill for life. Your lessons will be completely about you, helping you to reach your full potential and achieve your full driving licence at a pace to suit you. Our instructors in Plymouth use the latest coaching styles and the DVSA syllabus to ensure your driving lessons are personalised to meet your needs.
Your instructor will coach you into getting the best results using a learning style that you like. Gone are the days (well, for 1st 4 Driving, anyway) where you would keep having to practice a subject over and over again until you got it right. Our successful coaching model matches you with a learning style, giving you the most productive driving lessons around. What’s more, our instructors will NEVER ‘shout’ at you. They are there to help you learn – after all, they’re YOUR driving lessons!
Free theory training!
That’s right – your theory training’s on us. Forget about the text books and all the horrible stories you’ve heard about the theory test. When you book driving lessons with us, you’ll get full, free access to the best online resource for helping you pass your theory test. Theory Test Pro is a resource you can access from your computer at home, or your mobile on the go via the app. That means there’s no excuse not to get revising wherever you are, and you can start learning as soon as you’ve had your first lesson. There’s even a section on the dreaded hazard perception test where you can practice spotting hazards in video clips just like on the real test! Click here for more information about the our free theory training.
What will happen on your lessons
Your first lesson will be used to assess your level of driving experience. If you’ve got no experience – no problem! You will probably be pleased to know that your instructor will take you to a quiet location in Plymouth. As your lessons go on, your instructor will coach you on your next steps and gradually you will be able to take the wheel under full guidance to achieve the freedom on the roads you’ve always wanted.
It’s also important to know that you will be very safe in the car with our instructor. All our cars are fitted with dual-controls, meaning you’ll be under full guidance from our expert driving instructors while driving around Plymouth. Before long, you will be driving to and from your home or pick up point. Your instructor will always be there to help you if there’s anything you don’t feel confident on. You’ll also be coached on all the manoeuvres and driving situations, meaning you’ll be test-ready by the time the big day comes around.
Your pupil pack
We issue every new pupil with a personalised pack, which includes
- Your progress report cardThis will allow you and your instructor to track your progress from week to week until you’re ready for your test
- A 1st 4 Driving pen
- You’re going to need this!
- Great information written by Dave Foster MA, Dip.DI to help you out
- Theory test info and help
- Practical test info and some great tips to help you with your lessons
- And so much more including personalised emails with even more great content to help you pass!
We really value each one of our pupils and that’s reflected in every stage of the learning process. Just look at what people have said about their experience with us.
Driving in the Plymouth area
Our driving instructors in Plymouth have been trained to help you through all situations. As such, they know the roads in Plymouth like the backs of their hands. They will always deliver expert tuition whatever your driving course requirement are. There is no better place to learn to drive in Plymouth its variety of road types, as well as the close proximity to the A38.
🧭 Your nearest driving test centre is…
Click here to check by postcode
- Rural and urban roads Plymouth is in such a great spot, surrounded by great countryside, but also hosting some tricky city-centre roads.
- They’re nothing to be scared of, and we’ll show you why. From the more daunting big ones, like Manadon and Marsh Mills (pictured) to the smaller mini-roundabouts, your instructor will be there to help you.
- You’ll learn the essential manoeuvres and skills needed to pass your driving test, such as parking.
- Yeah, we know, Plymouth is full of them. Another skill you’ll pick up is navigating roads where there are roadworks in place.
When choosing a driving school, it’s so important you know who you can trust. Here at 1st 4 Driving, we take pride in all our pupils and we’ll help you to succeed and pass your driving test in the minimum number of lessons for you. You also need to make sure you that the school you choose is reputable. Here at 1st 4 Driving, we’re a limited (LTD) company, established in 2000 and incorporated in 2005. We have helped literally thousands of pupils over the years in all types of driving.
What about my tests?
Another reason why Plymouth is so great is that it’s so well connected with test centres.
The theory test – When you feel like you’re ready for your theory test, our helpful office staff will book the theory test for you for a suitable time in Plymouth’s theory test centre on Princess Street. Remember, when you book with us, you’ll get full, free theory training using our great app.
The practical test – Your instructor will have some idea about when you’re likely to be ready for your practical driving test. As waiting times can be quite long, they might advise you to book a couple of months in advance while you continue your development. Plymouth’s test centre is in Ernesettle – your instructor will likely take you there before your test to ensure you’re familiar with the area
Book your driving lessons in Plymouth now!
There are so many ways to book your driving lessons in the Plymouth area. Prefer to talk to someone over the phone? Perhaps it suits you to talk to one of our office staff on our live chat system.
Book now by:
Calling the office on: 0330 22 33 123
Book online by clicking here
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chat with us by clicking on that annoying little pop up at the bottom of the screen where a real person will book your driving lessons for you or answer any questions.
Alternatively, you can fill out this form:
*Subject to availability