Driver testing and training has been suspended until further notice in line with new government restrictions
In line with new guidance from the government, all lessons have been suspended until further notice.
Stay at home to stop coronavirus spreading
Everyone must stay at home to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
You should only leave the house for 1 of 4 reasons:
- shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible
- one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle – alone or with members of your household
- any medical need, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person
- travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home
In response to the ongoing the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic, 1st 4 Driving offers the following advice in line with the NHS and DVSA for pupils and instructors:
We have emailed all current pupils with up to date information regarding their driving lessons and new procedures. If you did not receive this email, please contact us now.
Stay at home if you have coronavirus symptoms
The NHS are recommending that you stay at home for 7 days if you have either:
- A high temperature
- A new, continuous cough
NHS 111 has an online coronavirus service that can tell you if you need NHS medical help and advises you what to do. If there’s a chance you could have coronavirus, you could be asked to stay away from other people (self-isolate).
Have a driving lesson booked?
If you start showing symptoms of coronavirus, please inform your driving instructor as soon as possible. If you don’t have your instructor’s number, you can call the office number on 0330 22 33 123 between Monday-Friday 9-5 or contact us via the other usual channels.
We are asking all pupils to wash their hands thoroughly before their driving lesson to help prevent the spread of the virus.
If you have a driving test booked and are showing symptoms:
- The DVSA have changed their short-notice cancellation policy for driving tests if you think you may have coronavirus.
- This cannot be done online – you must call 0300 200 1122 between Mon-Fri 8-4
Please don’t hesitate to get in contact with us or your instructor if you have any further questions regarding cancellations.
Dave Foster MA, Dip.DI (or Driving School Dave) is the most qualified driving school owner in the country, after completing his Master’s Degree in Driver Training Education in 2011 at Middlesex University. He also holds a diploma in Driving Instruction and is a Cert Ed. qualified teacher. Dave is the founder and Managing Director of 1st 4 Driving Ltd, and also looks after over 15 driving schools across the country on a consultancy basis.